Saturday, December 23, 2006

Time Travel

If I could go back and do it again.......
I often wonder if I could go back and live parts of my life again, would I do it differently? I look back at some of the hardest times in my life and wonder if I would change things if I could and not make the same stupid mistakes.
My first thoughts are "Of course!" I wish I hadn't been so self conscious. I wish I wouldn't have skipped so many meals. I wish I wouldn't have let what other people thought of me determine what I thought of myself. I wish I hadn't had to have gone through so many hard years!
As I ponder further each of these struggles I had, I realize how much I learned from each one. The knowledge didn't come without a price though; it cost many tears and many pains. Is this knowledge worth the extreme price that was paid? The more I think about it the more I realize how much every single bit of this knowledge gained has benefited me. I wouldn't be the person I am today without having gone through these trials. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it. I would have had to learn those difficult life lessons eventually, and now that all is said and done, I'm glad I learned them sooner rather than later.
Maybe I wouldn't change things if I could go back. That is to say I would even want to go back....I would never ever want to live those times in my life over, not in a million years....but I would never live them any other way. Each one of those trails, every pain, ever tear, has made me into the person I am today, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Sorry if I offfened you with my blog, but i was not talking about you and that group i was talking about jenny and that group over there. I'm sorry i was not talking about you!I'm sorry if i caused you grief. I'm sorry i always say the wrong things.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR PHOTO!!!!!! YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO SHOW ME HOW TO DO IT!!